Monday, February 18, 2013

Big Idea Monday- If Mamas Happy


Inspiration: a divine influence or action on a person believed to qualify him or her to receive and communicate sacred revelations.
-Webster’s dictionary

Where are you more likely to find your inspiration for a big idea: a walk in the woods or a Google search? For me, it comes down to the time factor. It took only 32 seconds for Google to pull up 342 million sites on inspiration. 123inspiration is my find for the week with some really amazing images of art, architecture and nature.

For this Big Idea Monday, I submit this life lesson: You must enjoy first before you can inspire. Whether your audience is your sales team or your toddler, you must feel and experience whatever it is you want to share with others. Since my biggest job right now is raising kind, confidant children, I need to enjoy kindness and confidence myself. Yesterday, my husband repeated the old addage “if mama’s happy, we will be” when he gave me a mini mom sabbatical. I had five solid hours to myself.  It was a wonderful gift to be able to write in solitude. It was pure bonus to go to the mall and actually try something on instead of going straight to the playground.

My friend took a one-month mom sabbatical that I hope she will write about for this blog. That is not a possibility for most families. But it only took an afternoon to give me a new lease on life.  During that time, I came up with the idea for a mom empowerment website called www.ifmamashappy.com and secured the domain names. Not sure where the idea will lead me. But sure enjoyed myself when I came up with the idea.

Do you schedule time for yourself? If not, what are you waiting for?

For today's "Sky's the Limit" on what you can learn: seven heavens and seven lights. In keeping with the theme of enjoy and inspire, I wanted to know more about the term "seventh heaven". Apparently,  major religions like Islam, Judaism and Hinduism  share a belief that there are seven levels of heaven, with the seventh reserved for the highest order of angels. There are also seven spectral lights (the colors of the rainbow) that come out of pure white light. Metaphysical churches teach that each spectral light represents a class of angels for each level of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...