Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Time Travel Tuesday- Journey to the Planet SARK


Buy or borrow self improvement books, but don't read them. Stack them around your bedroom and use them as places to rest bowls of cookies. Watch exercise shows, but don't exercise. Practice believing that the benefit lies in imagining yourself doing the exercise. Don't power walk. Suanter slowly in the sun, eating chocolate and carry a blanket so you can take a nap.
-SARK

I fancy calling myself a writer. But so far my biggest body of work consists of lists, not books. I write in the “To Do” genre. For this week’s Time Travel Tuesday, I decided to make my to-do list look like a SARK poster. For those of you who don’t know SARK  (and I didn’t before a friend recommended her book), SARK is the acronym for a writer/artist named Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy. She has written dozens of books with titles like Eat Mangoes Naked, The Bodacious Book of Succulence and Inspiration Sandwich. I am currently reading Juicy Pens Thirsty Paper, which is an empowering little how-to guide for writers who either: face writer’s block, fear their work is no good or question themselves for having the audacity to put their words out there. 

SARK is my new inspiration. She calls her writing space a “magical cottage”. She not only writes her books in crayola markers, she gets them published that way too!  She created her own planet in cyber space, Planet SARK. Her first big break came by selling hand made posters called “How to Be An Artist”. She sold 11,000 by hand before putting it to print and selling more than one million copies. So I made that poster my to-do list for Tuesday.

1. Entertain Your Inner Child -DONE (that was easy, I blogged about it)
2. Get Wet- DONE (went to the pool)
3.Write Love Letters- DONE (everyday my daughter gets a note in her lunchbox)
4.Bless Yourself- DONE (had to think about this one. I bless food, others, never myself until now)
5. Giggle With Children- DONE (my favorite part of the day)
6. Stay Loose- DONE (again, needed to remind myself to stretch)
7. Read Everyday- DONE (I guess I am an artist since I already do this)
8. Be Free- DONE (I took this to mean giving myself permission to be me)
9. Swing As High As You Can, By Moonlight -DONE (At dusk, not moonlight. It actually made my stomach woozy)
10.Do It Now- DONE (okay, I only procrastinated a little.)
11.Believe In Magic- DONE (I do believe! I do! I do!)
12. Cry in Movies- DONE  (It is not a good movie unless I cry. Heck, I cry in commercials. I cry in casual conversation)
13. Look Forward To Dreams- DONE (You have to have dreams to look forward to them. Got mine back)
14. Do It For Love- DONE (there is no better reason period. Already love my family, working on the loving myself part)

Whew! I accomplished a lot yesterday. There is nothing more rewarding to prolific to-do list "authors"  like me than to either scratch out an item or put a check mark next to it or a big BOLD DONE. Still, like all my to-do lists, there are still quite a few left over to tackle today. Here is my next list:

1.Work Out
2.Build A Fort With Blankets
3.Grocery Store
4.Hug Trees
5. Book airline tickets
6. Drive away fear
7. Mail
8. Celebrate every gorgeous moment.
9. Take vitamins
10. Make friends with freedom and uncertainty

How would your day look if you added a few SARK suggestions on your To-Do List?



1 comment:

  1. Hi Be More Children Like,

    I really loved your post from ( JANUARY 16, 2013 Time Travel Tuesday- Journey to the Planet SARK ). This specific kind of article that you wrote really helped me think outside of the box and come up with some interesting topics to write about on my own site!

    As I’m sure you agree, both of us understand that coming up with interesting articles/news can be tough. That said, I have some interesting news for you. We just wrote few blog posts that your site’s visitors might find useful, such asHow Women Can Beat Online Slots Weddings: The Gamble of a Lifetime.

    I believe that the topics covered in these blog posts have a lot of added value and as such would engage your readership.

    While I have the ability to produce content for anyone, I specifically chose to contact you because I like the quality of the content you produce, and I think it’s a good fit.

    Do you think ours could be an interesting story for you and your readers?

    Looking forward to your reply,

    Bill

    If you would like another post/article like conclusions of 2012 or prediction to 2013 for example Woman biggest achievements in 2012 or 2013 big events you don’t want to miss know about? I would really like to cooperate let me know what you think?






    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...