Sunday, December 16, 2012

Big Idea Monday- Sky's the Limit


You want the moon? Just say the word and I will throw a lasso around it and pull it down.
-George Bailey

Talk about a hot property. Did you know that a woman in Spain staked a legal claim of ownership over the sun? She Owns The Sun Apparently, any one of us could have done it, but Angeles Duran thought of it first. She got it for steal. Simply the cost to notarize the paperwork. Now, Duran wants to harness the earning potential of our most famous star by charging everyone on the planet for using it’s light. Duran is still trying to figure out how to collect. 

Sometimes it pays to be the first to take action on a great idea. I learned about the Celestial transaction on a website called Learn Something Everyday. You see, for this Big Idea Monday, I had this brilliant idea for a blog/book to learn something new everyday and challenge readers to do the same.   Alas, a  book called Learn Something Everyday was already published in November 2011.  There is even an app that will send you fast facts and multiple blogs dedicated to lifelong learning. Check out Now I Know!

I took solace in the fact that I may not be the first to come up with the big idea for learning something new, but that doesn’t mean I can’t still pursue it. Hey, even Thomas Edison didn’t invent the light bulb. He only improved upon it! So from now on, as part of my blog posts, I plan on adding something new that I learned that day. I will call it The Sky's the Limit (on what you can learn.)

Here is what I learned today:
Building on the discovery of the sun for sale, I wanted to know if there is any other space in space still up for grabs . A quick Wikipedia search revealed that people have been claiming ownership of outer space since the 1700’s. More recently, an American businessman named Dennis Hope has not only claimed ownership of the moon and all the planets in our solar system, he has created his own sovereign nation. Lunar Embassy World Headquarters, located in Nevada, claims to be the official founders and leaders in the extraterrestrial real estate market. More than 3 million people have already bought property. I found a lovely one acre parcel on the dark side of the moon in my price range- $19.99. If I order now, they guarantee delivery of my deed by Christmas. For larger parcels, the  financing is available!

Did you learn something new today? It is never too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...