Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Big Idea Monday- Inspire Someone


Our happiness in this world depends on the affections we are enabled to inspire.
-Duchess De Praslin

Have I mentioned I am always late? Usually 10 minutes, not two days. Sorry for the delay. Here is this week’s installment of Big Idea Monday on Wednesday. Before I throw my whopper of an idea out to the universe, let me share with you the coolest site possibly in the history of the Internet. http://ideas.bighugelabs.com I just found it by googling “idea”. If you type in any word and than hit the “inspire me” button, the site will present:  color schemes, photos, quotes, YouTube videos, books, articles, Wickipedia references, you name it- all related to your word. Talk about an inspiration. My quote and image today came from a search of the word "inspire". The page says that inspiration is fleeting so the search results constantly change. Love it!  As if that wasn’t enough, there is a related site to find inspiration for story ideas and blog posts. http://words.bighugelabs.com I don’t know this genius named John Watson, who created these sites. But he is my hero.

My idea for this BIM is....drum roll.....a screenplay about a 10- year old boy named Ben, who inspires a cynical professor so much that he comes to believe the boy may be Benjamin Franklin reincarnated. It needs some flushing out. I am attending a 3-day screen writing workshop this weekend. So maybe I will invent a movie yet. Wish me luck!

Do you have a big idea? What are you doing about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...