Thursday, October 25, 2012

No Such Thing As A Coincidence



Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the lever and pulleys
-Emma Bull

Long before I started this year long experiment in being more childlike, long before this month’s study of childlike intuition, I was intrigued by synchronicity. Some call it coincidence. Others call them signs,  God winks, universe whispers, divine nudges, random patterns, serendipity or flow. I looked on my bookshelf and counted twelve books on the topic of synchronicity alone. The reason I once studied coincidences is because they happen so frequently to me. Sometimes it is thinking about an old friend and than she calls out of the blue. Maybe it is running into your neighbor half way across the world. Recently, while window shopping in a tiny Midwestern town, I walked into what I thought was a quaint bookstore, only to learn it is a publisher’s office, which every writer needs. We all have our stories. Maybe for you it’s feelings of deja vu or people you recognize instantly but have never met. 

When it happens, I always look for the meaning or message. I have always believed everything happens for a reason. But I have always viewed them as external experiences.  Laura Day’s book, “How to Rule The World From Your Couch”, is making me see it from a different perspective. The way I interpret Day’s latest book on intuition, she believes coincidences are not happening to you, they are happening because of you. Your subconscious thoughts are either attracting experiences and people into your life or your picking up on future experiences so you are better prepared to deal with what lies ahead. Day talks a lot about  telepathy, remote viewing and precognition as natural abilities that fall under the wider umbrella of intuition.  Her example that stuck out was the countless stories from New Yorkers who didn’t go to work on 9-11 because of all sorts of random unexplained reasons. 


Who is orchestrating the unexplained in your life? Do you believe in coincidences?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...